What an incredible and humbling start to this year. I was nominated by two incredible fellow bloggers for the Liebster Award. Wondering what in the world that is? Well, it exists only on the internet and has been given to bloggers by other bloggers since 2011. It’s a way for bloggers to grow their audiences and feature other talented bloggers. So, it’s pretty stinking awesome. Click here to learn more.
I have to say a BIG thank you to InsomnoMom with TheHouseThatNeverSlumbers.com and Joey with LifeGotMeLikeBlog.com for nominating me. The House That Never Slumbers is a crazy fun blog about a house of seven people and covers just about every topic you can think of – education, outdoors, wedding, travel and more! Life Got Me Like is a touching and candid take on all things mom, women, adoption, foster care and more. Please take a look at their sites – you are missing out if you don’t!
MY FAVORITE BLOG
One of my favorite blogs is TheGirlWhoLovedToWrite.com. The author, Chelsea, is an absolutely gifted and beautiful writer. The way she writes makes you feel like you have known her for years and are catching up with one of your girlfriends. Her posts vary from quick daily thoughts to full on book reviews. I love how she incorporates parts of her life in the blog, too. She has a unique set-up on her blog and includes sections like Pep Talks, Coffee Dates, Monthly To Do Lists, Book Reviews and Mom Life. It’s just a feel-good place on the internet and those are so rare to come by these days. I am also a bit of a design nerd and I adore the bright colors and whimsical font. Plus, The Girl Who Loved to Write posts some seriously Instagram-worthy photos. I mean, wow. We live in the same state and I have yet to capture a sunset like Chelsea. If you need a pick-me-up, please visit this blog. It will have you feeling better in no time!
10 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- I was valedictorian of my high school class
- I live in Florida, but I actually enjoy cold weather the most
- My favorite movie is “Hook” with Robin Williams
- I legitimately thought I was going to marry Lance Bass when I was younger. Boy, did I get that one wrong!
- Donuts are my love language
- I love watching sports at home with delicious game-day food
- I am from Colorado, but I am a terrible skiier
- My best friend and I have known each other for about 20 years
- I LOVE gambling and Craps is my favorite game to play
- The Office, Lost and Friday Night Lights are shows that I will never get tired of watching
QUESTIONS I WAS ASKED BY INSOMNOMOM
- What is the focus of your blog?
- 80s, 90s and early 00s nostalgia – all our favorite things from the past, including recent updates, and ways to enjoy them in the present
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- Night owl all the way! I have always been that way, even as a baby
- If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Donuts, donuts and more donuts
- What was your favorite childhood memory?
- A family vacation we took to Nevada and California – we went to Disneyland, Las Vegas, the beach. My family still recalls so many instances from this trip all the time.
- What has been your favorite one of your own blog posts so far?
- “Humor, History and He-Man” – I was given the opportunity to interview the creator of a Netflix documentary and it was just as amazing as it sounds.
- Which came first the chicken or the egg?
- The egg. Dinosaurs had eggs, right?
- How many different places have you lived?
- I’ve only ever lived in four cities and have been lucky enough to call each one home.
QUESTIONS I WAS ASKED BY JOEY
- What made you start your blog?
- Conversations with my friends and I about the past had been happening so much and I never wanted them to end. I knew there had to be other people out there who were just as nostalgic as me that wanted a place to re-live the past.
- How long have you been blogging for?
- I free-lanced since June 2017 and launched Miss Reminisce on Dec. 1, 2017
- If your life were made into a movie, what Hollywood actress would play you?
- I have to say Alyssa Milano because she is my namesake!
- If you could tell your 16 year old self one thing, what would it be?
- Enjoy your metabolism while you can – eat more pizza and burgers
- If money weren’t an option, what would you do with it?
- We love our church and I would love to give as much of it to them as possible for whatever their needs are
- If you could be any animal, which would it be and why?
- Probably a Koala bear because they are cute and people like to hold them, but they get to sleep a LOT.
- What movie scared you as a kid. But now you watch and are like, “really?”
- A classic from the 80s of course, “Gremlins”
- Do you like warm weather or cold?
- Cold, cold, cold!
- If you could put your house anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- A beautiful mountain surrounded by lakes and tall trees
- Do you have a hidden talent?
- I can juggle!
MY NOMINEES ARE:
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is one thing you miss most about being a kid?
- If you could trade jobs with one person for a day, who would it be?
- Favorite thing about your blog?
- If you could only use one word to describe your blog, what would it be?
- *NSYNC or Backstreet Boys?
- What is one new skill set you would love to learn more about?
- What do you do to relax at the end of the day?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is the one thing that will forever be funny to you?
LIEBSTER AWARD RULES:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post, or by having it as the feature image.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog and provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees questions of your own.
- List these rules in your post.
- Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award. Then provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
- Head over to https://theglobalaussie.com/liebster-award-2018 and leave a comment with your blog link
- Have fun exploring new blogs!
Please let me know if you check out any of the related blogs from this post. What did you think? Are there any other blogs out there I am missing out on? Drop me a comment below!